Josie's Canon Plots & Settings
08-30-2019, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2019, 01:41 PM by Josie.)
FANDOM SETTINGS
I am fine to do crossovers and AUs for these settings, am happy to play any combination of original or canon characters within them, and am even happy to do something more original which is inspired by elements of some of these. Feel free to mention other fandoms as well- I may know of them or enjoy them, but didn't put them on the list most likely because I simply didn't think to!

Anyway, fandoms I'm interested in include but are not limited to:
  • Bioshock (either Rapture or Colombia)
  • DC (Gotham city and the Batfam, more specifically)
  • Death Note
  • Destiny (the video games)
  • Dragon Age
  • Dying Light/Dead Island
  • Fallout
  • Harry Potter
  • Pokemon
  • Mass Effect
  • My Hero Acadamia
  • Skyrim
  • Star Wars
  • The Umbrella Academy

SETTING PLOT IDEAS
Again, include but are not limited to the following ideas! I would be happy to hear ideas you have for these settings as well, as I am not necessarily attached to what's posted here! Any settings that aren't elaborated on here are settings I don't have specific ideas for, but would be very open to talking about and hashing out some ideas! I would also be happy to write in these settings with multiple partners if there was interest, not necessarily just as a one x one!

Bioshock
Quote:I feel that both Colombia and Rapture are ripe for having a team of some sort dropped into them, trying to achieve some goal that'll likely destroy them before they can get too far and perhaps before they can even realize it, a la The Thing, Jurassic Park, or an Alien movie.

Gotham City - What if Things Get Worse?
Quote:This is based mainly off of the movies, and could work as a spinoff/AU/addition to any of them, really. What if something even worse happens while the baddies are doing their thing, something no one anticipated that forces both parties to pause and reassess? For example, some sort of natural disaster. 

Destiny - We're All Weaponized Zombies
Quote:I love the ideas proposed by this video, as to Destiny 1's lost/secret story. It is something that could easily be made general and/or carried over to the second game as well, or even explored outside of the game timeline. I imagine exploring this avenue would involve lots of found family, coming to terms with oneself and role in the world, and possibly even sad endings.

Although this is a fandom setting, there aren't many canon characters and this would probably be done mainly with OCs!

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Let's Fix DA:I and Play It On Insanity Mode
Quote:Most Bioware protagnoists of late have a substantial amount of plot armor to keep things in their favor, but in a situation like the one in DA:I, I don't believe things would really be so easy or that the choices are as simple as choosing Option A or Option B. I want to see the good guys struggling against overwhelming outside forces they can barely come to comprehend- all while struggling to maintain delicate political ties and allies, all of whom hide secrets that could bring the whole house of cards tumbling down. And consider how much more difficult things would be if the Herald of Andraste died (something not unlikely to happen when you play a game of chess using your queen like a pawn)!

I can and have played a billion and a half characters on this end, and I can be flexible on who to play and what roles to fill depending on your desires as well!

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Post Trespasser
Quote:So the apocalypse has been stopped once. But it's about to happen all over again, and you're almost as in the dark this time as you were the last time. Almost being the operative word, here. Armed with knowledge of the opposition, it's a race to act against them before they can act against you.

This is something I think would work well either from the POV of the protagonists or the antagonists, depending on your interests!

Dragon Age: Inquisition - All the Small Things
Quote:Instead of focusing on something large in scale, I would also happily focus on a smaller cog of the whole machine- such as how Duchess Florianne de Chalons was recruited to work for the Venatori, or Samson, or Calpernia, etc., etc.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Let's Fix It!
Quote:I felt this was a bad game around with glaringly shoddy science, even for a soft sci-fi. But, it had a lot of really fun game mechanics and ideas that just weren't executed well. What if we altered some of the dumb things (like being able to tell which planets could be inhabited from an entire galaxy away, several hundred years in the past, across what's likely several million lightyears?), kept the fun mechanics (like harsh planetary conditions, mild terraforming, exploration, and archaeology!), and went from there? Open to OCs and canons alike!

Mass Effect 1.5 - The Colony
Quote:Before the Commander is resurrected by Cerberus, human colonies are being preyed upon by a mysterious alien species. There's little in the way of help that can be offered, the attacks being over before anyone even hears about it. The untouched colonies have no one to rely on but themselves and their neighbors- but racial and class tensions are rarely set aside so easily, even in the face of disaster. Open to OCs and canons alike!

Skyrim - In Which the Dragonborn Does Not Have the Most Impressive and Contradictory CV in History and Lets Other People Have Some Jobs Too
Quote:There are a lot of fun questlines in Skyrim that would be fun and more challenging for just normal people to partake in, I think- maybe even moreso if the Dragonborn and/or their allies become the opposition later down the line! What do you do when the only person who can stop the dragon scourge is also trying their darndest to cut your head off?

Star Wars - Skywalker's Academy
Quote:Not going to lie or sugarcoat it- Kylo Ren is one of my favorite characters to play, and I would love to explore him inside out and sideways. I would love to play around in his formative years and explore the relationships he had with other kids and his family members, and how they impact him later in life. I am not necessarily attached to the idea of playing Ben Solo in this setting either, though I certainly wouldn't balk at it!

Star Wars - The Force Awakens AU
Quote:After rewatching TFA not too long ago, the opening crawl caught my attention because it states that the destruction of Luke Skywalker is the First Order's goal, and bringing him back is the Resistance's goal. I feel that the movie gets side-tracked by that for a while, and it would be interesting to explore a more direct pursuit of Luke. Again, would love to play Kylo, but this is not a must for me!

Star Wars - Post The Last Jedi
Quote:I didn't hate this movie and I think it broke Star Wars out of a pandering and repetitive pattern, so I'm not interested in fixing it or tearing it apart (surprise!). I would like to explore where things go after it, from both the perspective of the Resistance but especially the First Order.

CANON CHARACTERS I HAVE PLAYED BEFORE AND WOULD HAPPILY PLAY AGAIN
Star Wars
Supreme Leader Snoke
Kylo Ren
General Hux
Leia Organa

Dragon Age
Queen Anora Theirin
Loghain Mac Tir
Empress Celene Valmont I
Grand Duke Gaspard de Chalons
Grand Duchess Florianne de Chalons
Dorian Pavus
Solas
Madame Vivienne de Fer
Cassandra Pentaghast

DC
Oswald Cobblepot
The Joker
Bane

Mass Effect
Liara T'Soni

Harry Potter
Draco Malfoy

But please know I am EXTREMELY OPEN to playing new canons and even OCs as well, and I do not at all feel like I HAVE to play any of the canons listed here either if you would really like to play them!

6 Posts
3 Threads
Mature Topics: Yes
She
MT

Roleplayer

[-]
Quick Reply
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)