Cookie's Stories
09-02-2019, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2019, 01:06 AM by cookie.)
Hello!  I love romance, all the requests below will be romance lines.  I prefer to write hetero lines.  For the right story I may consider something else, it would depend on the story though.  I write both male and female characters, but do prefer to write the female in the line.  I will happily take the love interest line as a male in one of your stories.  I feel that smut is a natural progression of a story when you're dealing with romance. However, if you would prefer to fade to black that's fine too.

01) Regency era. He is a duke or some other titled land holder. In order to keep the land because of some ridiculous clause placed by a grandfather into the will he must marry and produce an heir before he turns thirty-five. The years are catching up to him and he was running out of time. They let out a cottage to a widow and her daughter. The daughter has worked as a lady in waiting for the duchess despite the daughter being of noble blood. However, the widow fell on hard times after her husband died. So they work for the Duke's family. The Duchess hatches a plan, the daughter is noble enough to wed her son. She throws an elaborate party and announces her son's engagement to the daughter. If the son wants his inheritance he needs to marry the girl.

02) The Muse. Being an author was always her dream and she's made it! Unfortunately, she isn't writing the epic fantasy novels that she always wanted to. It had been easier to get a foothold as a romance novelist. And she was really good at romance novels. Sadly, she has very little real life romance or intimacy knowledge. The book sales don't reflect that. The money is good, but she feels like she's a fake. She owns a pretty little piece of land with a large yard and a lovely sitting garden. He owns a small landscaping and lawn care business and he did the English sitting garden and other landscaping of the small estate. Sometimes he's the only person that she'll interact with all week. Despite herself she starts to have feelings for him and makes him the hero of her next book. At some point he sees a bit of her manuscript and recognizes that it is him she's writing about.

03) Unlikely Love.  The Bed & Breakfast has been in her family for ages. She's a bit sassy and loud and boisterous. Life hadn't been terribly fair for her and running the Bed & Breakfast was never what she wanted to do. However, sometimes you need to come home and work for the family when life beats you down. He is a model/singer/actor who is much more fit and buff than herself. He's come to the northeastern seaside village to try and get away from the limelight (maybe a scandal). She treats him like everyone else at the Bed & Breakfast despite internally fangirling over him. It’s refreshing to him to be treated like a person. He keeps extending his stay...and then again... they've got great chemistry and it turns into something more.

04) Arranged Marriage / Contract Marriage. This one can be a modern story or something more historical. I am going to keep this fairly vague as we can plot out more details. The two characters both have parents who are successful, political, or something similar. The parents create a contract and marry their children off to solidify an alliance. Two large corporations one from China and one from Korea? Political nations needing to build an alliance? The female lead will be shipped off to her new in-laws. I do sort of like the idea of cultural difference and slight language barrier coming into play here. This could also work as a medieval story, fantasy or historical.

05) Age Gap Romance.  A Noona (older woman between 29 to 38) who has confidence, sass, and self-worth in her career. She has focused on her job for years letting most everything else fall to the wayside. The few relationships she had couldn't handle her making more money or being more successful. So now she's lost her confidence in herself regarding romance, figuring that she'll die an old maid. Rich and successful, but alone. The dongsaeng (younger man by about 5 to 10 years) who has known her all his life or recently discovered her. Maybe he's the mechanic who rescued her when her car broke down. A new employee at the corporation who does filing or copying. Or he's the barista who had been making her morning beverage for months. 

06) Friends to Lovers.  They’ve practically grown up together.  Best friends through school and have remained best friends into adulthood.  They have similar jobs (maybe work together) and live in the same apartment complex. While he’s always been popular and charismatic, she’s mostly a nerd and shy.  After another date goes bust for her and he’s hugging her while she cries he decides that he’s going to help her find the perfect guy.  Spoiler alert - it’s him.

07) Enemies to Lovers.  They work together and have never ever gotten along.  They fuss and sass and bother each other to no end!  Can’t help but be nosy about what the other is doing, under the pretense so they know where not go.  There’s such a crazy amount of underlying sexual tension that everyone but them can see it.  Late night at the office, they’re the last two to leave.  They get on the elevator, opposite sides, pretending the other isn’t there.  Then the elevator breaks.  One of the other is claustrophobic and is starting to panic.  The other one has to put aside their dislike to help them.  They bond as they’re stuck for hours and eventually kiss (maybe more?).  How do they cope the next day?  Pretend nothing happened?  Do they let it happen again?  

08) Don't Judge a Book.  She manages a book store, a small and cozy affair in a small town. A bit shy and reserved she's never had much luck with men. Someone hurt her badly and then she made bad choices. He returns home to the small town. Or he moves there because of the picturesque nature of the place. Unfortunately he's been in an accident (combat?) and has been scarred. People are shallow and he's ready to live a quiet life. He loves books and goes to the bookstore often. She sees past the scars and falls for him, but can she get past her fear of relationships? Can he trust that she can see past the scars?

09) Witchy Woman.  She has bought a huge old Victorian house with a huge walled garden. It has fallen into disrepair and needs a great deal of work. Her plans are to open to a new age shop with a tarot reading room, meditation room, and zen garden in the walled garden. The money came from a Great Aunt that passed away, she raised our gal. She's got to do all the work herself in her new place, but she's ok with that. The guy lives or works in the area of the Victorian home she's bought. Her looks, tattoos, and plans for the place have made her a bit of an outcast. This guy watches her work tirelessly on this place. He offers to help with one thing...then another... She's very different then other woman, but something about her draws him in.

10) Cat Lady.  It seems that being thirty and unmarried is worrisome to her parents. They are always bugging her about dating and finding that special someone. Even now that she lives so far away, it is the one constant she can rely on when she phones home. The trouble comes when her little sister is getting married... If she shows up without at least a steady boyfriend it would be bad. So she puts out an ad, looking for someone to play her boyfriend for a family gathering. Offers good pay, as well as, room and board on the trip to Scotland. It takes awhile, but she manages to sort through the applicants of terrible people and find the one guy she thinks she can trust. They meet a few times, just to get the awkwardness out of the way. Then fly off to Scotland to convince her family that they're a couple.

8 Posts
2 Threads
Mature Topics: Yes
she/her

Roleplayer

09-02-2019, 02:23 AM
@cookie I'd love to explore the 1st plot! Definitely seems up my alley. I think you might like some of my original romance plots, so please do check 'em out. BUT YES. The first one sounds like a lot of fun. I'd be happy to play the bachelor duke who wants to get his hands on his inheritance but is also kinda reluctant to give up his freedom lol.

34 Posts
9 Threads
She/Her
GMT-5

Roleplayer

09-02-2019, 03:57 PM
(09-02-2019, 02:23 AM)Angie Wrote: @cookie I'd love to explore the 1st plot! Definitely seems up my alley. I think you might like some of my original romance plots, so please do check 'em out. BUT YES. The first one sounds like a lot of fun. I'd be happy to play the bachelor duke who wants to get his hands on his inheritance but is also kinda reluctant to give up his freedom lol.

@Angie  Hello, hello!  I am so excited!  I've been wanting to write this story for ages.  I think it gives a whole lot of options for some in character drama and angst and going from contract marriage to love.  I am on my way to look at your romance plots as well!  I am extremely excited to write this with you!  That's exactly how I imagine that it would be, he is happy living his bachelor life, but he does not want to give up his inheritance. She had lived a life that was decently wealthy, not nearly the level of the Duke.  She has a title, but her land and belongings were sold off to pay for her father's debt when he died.

8 Posts
2 Threads
she/her

Roleplayer

09-03-2019, 12:48 AM
@cookie Oh, I definitely dig this plot. Would she have any sort of resentment towards the marriage? Or would she see this as advantageous and 'worth' the trouble?

34 Posts
9 Threads
She/Her
GMT-5

Roleplayer

09-03-2019, 01:31 AM
@Angie Depending on how much of a rake he is or if he's been somewhat snide to her.  It would solve all of their troubles and give her a place in society again.  Her mother could stop working in the kitchens and she could stop being a lady's maid.  All good things.  But she's basically signing away her freedoms so she would not be totally eager.  Probably more resigned that she has no other options available to her.

8 Posts
2 Threads
she/her

Roleplayer

09-06-2019, 10:41 AM
@cookie I love it! Where would you like to start? Like, already married or about to get married?

34 Posts
9 Threads
She/Her
GMT-5

Roleplayer

09-08-2019, 12:29 AM
@Angie I think I'd prefer to start it at like the week leading up to the marriage?  That way it sort of gives us a chance to get to know the characters and their stories before they're living together and Duke and Duchess.  Maybe we can do it like they are having to pretend to be the perfect couple at some garden party.  With dancing and games and high tea?

8 Posts
2 Threads
she/her

Roleplayer

09-11-2019, 11:13 AM
@cookie I love it even more lol I'll be happy to start it unless you want to do like the 'set up' to the plot?

34 Posts
9 Threads
She/Her
GMT-5

Roleplayer

09-12-2019, 01:22 PM
Oh that would be absolutely amazing if you could get us started!  Big Grin. Thank you! I'm excited!

8 Posts
2 Threads
she/her

Roleplayer

[-]
Quick Reply
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)